Cook Time: 25 mins
Main Ingredient: Turkey
– 2 cup chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon basil
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
– 14 1/2 oz stewed tomatoes
– 2 cup long-grain white rice, cooked
– 1 cup green peas, thawed
– 2 cup turkey light meat, skinless, cooked and cubed
Directions to make Zesty Turkey and Rice
Step 1: In medium saucepan mix broth, basil, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce and tomatoes. Over medium-high heat, heat to a boil. Stir in rice.
Step 2: Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in peas and turkey. Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until rice is done and most of liquid is absorbed.